How Laser Hair Removal Contracts in Pittsburgh Can Drain Your Wallet
Laser hair removal contract costs are a hotly driven debate that can divide opinion. Owners of laser hair removal offices love them.
Customers – not so much – especially when they find out what’s in the fine print.
The following essay takes a look at both sides of the debate. We promise that after you read this article, you will be better informed and capable of deciding if the cost of a laser hair removal contract is in your best interest.
The Cons of Laser Hair Removal Contracts
No one anticipates that they will ever need an attorney when the nice friendly lady in the white coat gives you the welcoming sales chat on your first visit.
The focus on that free consultation day is on how wonderful your hair-free life will be.
However, there’s one thing that you must be aware of before signing up – no matter how good it sounds or how excited you are.
Laser hair removal contracts are iron clad.
Cancelling is not permitted – There goes your credit rating
When people are screwed after these contracts are enforced, complaints always follow. Read the Better Business Bureau reviews of every laser hair removal office that you are considering.
What 70% Off of Laser Hair Removal Cost Really Means
You’ve heard it on the radio and seen it on the internet. It really sounds great, right?
Look a little closer.
In reality, if you crunch the final numbers, you’ll be paying 2-3 times what you’d pay without a contract at other offices.
Don’t get pranked.
They also throw in the phony lifetime guarantees at a high premium. The so-called guarantees have more loopholes and holes than a hairnet.
No one can guarantee any medical procedure.
They also tell you that the offer is only good if you sign up today.
Hint – if you don’t sign, they’ll be calling and emailing you incessantly.
(Don’t give them your phone or email address.)
Another huge problem with these contracts is that you don’t need all of the treatments required in the contract.
It doesn’t take 8 or 9 treatments like they say. That just costs you more.
Things That Will Screw Up Your Laser Hair Removal Contract
All of these contracts have exclusion clauses.
- You are tan? (that automatically prevents more laser treatments)
- You become pregnant? (they won’t touch you with a laser for medico-legal reasons)
- It doesn’t work because of dark skin tone or light hair color?
- You lose your job and you can’t afford the monthly cost?
- You move?
- The laser doesn’t work because the lasers haven’t been maintained and serviced?
- The laser doesn’t work because they’re disreputable and they turn down the settings (common with Groupon users)
- They use Intense Pulsed Light and advertise it as a laser when it’s not and results are inferior to a real laser
- The laser is rented and hasn’t been calibrated or maintained properly
- They use the wrong type of laser or it’s underpowered
- They don’t know what they’re doing? – (What’s the experience of all the laser techs and their employee turnover rate?)
Laser Hair Removal Traps
First of all, if you see the words lifetime guarantee in a laser hair removal ad, run away.
Beware of words like:
- membership options
- easy payments
- VIP gold silver or platinum deals
- monthly fees
- automatic withdrawals
- auto drafts
- especially when the fine print says nonrefundable.
These are all traps. Stay away from places with words to these effects in their internet descriptions.
In case you’re looking for it, there are no pros for a laser hair removal contract’s excessive cost.
Watch out for bait-and-switch marketing hoaxes that try to fool you into thinking you need a membership or a long-term contract to get the best savings.
VIP, gold, silver and platinum memberships, advanced payments required, and free stuff are all red flags.
Nobody should have to sign a 15-page contract for laser hair removal.
Think about it.
There are other places in any city that use the same laser and have more experience.
When choosing an office, always ask – do they use professional marketers (closers) who are trained to sell during your consultation?
You’ll pay for it later.
It all comes down to reputation.
Reviews give you an insight about the company’s reputation.
Remember, there are no contracts at Happel Laser Spa.
Give us a call at 724-969-0600.