Top Ten Funny Things You Do NOT Want From a Laser Hair Removal Office
Laser Hair Removal Offices Differ Widely in Quality, Price and Results.
All the people who work in laser hair removal offices and those who use its services should take it seriously.
This top ten list is an attempt to use levity to make a point.
Like clichés, sometimes a glimmer of the truth can be found in the things that people find to be humorous.
Sometimes the unexpected makes us laugh.
Some people laugh at other’s misfortunes after we achieve a degree of psychological detachment.
At other times, laughter results from a release of emotions or tension.
You don’t want to see or hear the following ten things when you have laser hair removal performed.
- You don’t want to see your laser technician wearing a Hooters T-shirt.
- You don’t want to hear someone yell, ” Health inspector – RUN!”
- You don’t want to hear that all of their supervising doctors are incarcerated.
- You don’t want to see your laser tech is wearing a tin foil cap and find out she is obsessed with Bigfoot.
- You hear the laser tech tell their new trainee, “See one, do one, teach one.”
- You overhear the person in the next room yelling, “We’re losing her. Clear! Quick call 911.”
- You hear that your bikini laser hair removal treatment just went viral on the Internet.
- You don’t want to hear during your consultation that they require a “wallet biopsy”.
- You hear people in the waiting room chanting – Hail Satan!
- You hear them greet you by saying, “Welcome to our center, Are you a cop?”
Let’s Break Down Why Things Can Be Funny About Laser Hair Removal Offices
Theories about what is funny include:
- The incongruity theory – In this theory, things that don’t go together can be perceived as funny. In other words, this occurs when you expect one thing and another thing happens.
- We don’t expect someone who is using a laser on our face or in intimate areas to wear a Hooter’s T-shirt or a tin foil hat.
- We don’t expect a laser specialist to make mistakes and say, “Oops”. That can result in permanent scars, burns or pigmentation issues with our skin.
- We don’t expect our laser technician do learn their specialty after a few short training sessions. In addition, to emphasize the point, we don’t expect an inexperienced trainee would train someone before they are competent themselves.
- We don’t expect either the other people having laser hair removal or the tech to be members of a cult.
- The superiority theory – This theory states that we can laugh at other people’s misfortunes or stupidity.
The Three Stooges had this one mastered.
We wouldn’t expect that laser could be performed without a doctor present.
Only a stooge would allow that to happen.
The truth is that the doctor is a usually figurehead in most laser centers.
Not at the Happel Laser & Vein Center.
At other laser centers, the doctor could even be in jail for all most clients know.
Only a sucker wouldn’t check on the status of the supervising doctor.
If there would a medical emergency where medical procedures are performed, are you safe? If a person would need resuscitation, only a fool would not check to make sure that the facility was accredited beforehand.
The truth is most people don’t check.
The fact is that most people don’t check or even care if there is proper supervision when they are having laser procedures performed.
Most people assume that there is some kind of regulatory body protecting them.
There is not!
The laser hair removal industry is totally unregulated in most states.
That is a surprising fact for most people.
In most states, a doctor is required to purchase the laser. After that, it’s a free for all.
No rules about training, certification or laser safety are required in most states in this country including Pennsylvania.
- The relief theory of comedy – What could be more stressful than finding out that you could be as vulnerable as celebrities from the threat of internet humiliation.
Such a tape of you being filmed without your knowledge is infinitely worse than all the sex tapes, videos and photos, which were leaked on the internet. At the very least many of those people knew they were being filmed.
The truth is that our top ten list of funny things seen or heard at laser hair removal offices was written to make a point.
The point is that safety, experience and good results are not examined closely enough when many people sign up for laser hair removal.
Most people just want to know – “How much?”
That’s why Groupon and Living Social come up so high on the search engine list when you search for laser hair removal on the internet.
Google is designed to give people the search engine results that they are looking for. Google calls it the best “user experience.”
Cost is the first question people ask when they call our office.
Call our doctor’s office for the best user’s laser experience for laser hair removal in Pittsburgh.
We are qualified, accredited and have the longest experience performing laser hair removal in Pittsburgh.
Discover more by calling us at 724-969-0600 or contact us here.